Welcome to the Astrobiology Australasia Meeting 2016
Contributions in the general fields of astrobiology will be considered but we particularly welcome offers of presentations on the following special themes:
- Science Outreach and Education in Astrobiology
- Space exploration and astronomy, includes SETI
- Life signs on Early Earth
- Proof of Biogenicity – advances in technology for positive signal returns
- Modern analogues of early life
Key dates and locations:
- Meeting – Sunday 10th to Tuesday 12th July 2016, CSIRO (ARRC building – Kensington site).
- Ice breaker on Saturday 9th July 2016.
- Post-conference field trip – 13th-17th July 2016. Early life trip in the Pilbara Craton.
- Pre-conference field trip – 6th-9th July 2016. Modern stromatolites of Shark Bay.
- Abstract submission deadline – Extended deadline: 14th March 2016.
- Early-bird registration deadline 30th April 2016.
- Field trip registration deadline 30th April 2016
Perth is the largest city in Western Australia (WA), with a population of two millions plus people. The majority of the metropolitan area is located on the Swan Coastal Plain. Bustling with new bars, restaurants, shopping and cultural spaces, Perth is also home to Kings Park—one of the world’s largest inner city parks, beautiful wineries, and stunning beaches.
For those interstate and overseas participants with time to spare before or after the conference, we can recommend visits to Kings Park Botanic Gardens, Rottnest Island, the vibrant Port City of Fremantle and the Swan Valley, WA’s oldest wine regions.
Click here to find out more information to plan your visit in Perth.